DAY 1: INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Time for the first step: whether you have just finished the sign-up process and are staring at an empty blog, you have spent the past few days tinkering with your theme, or you signed up six months ago and haven’t done anything since, you’re going to publish a post today. Don’t worry about how your blog looks. Don’t worry if you haven’t given it a name yet, or you’re a little lost with WordPress. Just click the “New Post” button, and write.
Today’s assignment: write and publish a “who I am and why I’m here” post. Why?
- Because it gives new readers context. What are you about? Why should they read your blog?
- Because it will help you focus you own ideas about your blog and what you’d like to do with it.
The post can be short or long, deeply personal or more of a bloggy mission statement, or a simple outline of your goals and the types of things you hope to publish. To help you get started, here are a few questions you might answer in the post:
- Why are you blogging, rather than keeping a personal journal? I am blogging to share information that I think my readers will want to read about.
- What topics do you think you’ll write about? I am not exactly sure what I will blog about but I am the master at multi-tasking and I will think of something.
- Who would you love to connect with via your blog? I want to connect with WordPress DPCHALLENE bloggers, and Zero to Hero bloggers and learn from each other in 2014.
- If you blog successfully throughout 2014, what would you hope to have accomplished? I know I will be a successful blogger because I have been blogging since 2009 with many different topics and blogs that I feel I learned enough to share with others.
My name is Jackie Paulson
I love to Blog
I love to do Book Reviews
2014 Will be my best year blogging
Day 1: COMPLETE
Please List your BLOG in the COMMENTS